Most likely the best mini-adventure in the altiplano for the active traveler while in Iquique: The Huasco saltflat not only a very interesting ecosystem in a gorgeous landscape but a hiker’s heaven as well; on this day you’ll have the chance to freely explore it.
From your lodging at Iquique, we’ll drive for about 3.5 hours to Salar del Huasco… don’t worry! We’ll make some stops to stretch our legs and appreciate the changes in the landscape around us. Once there, the salt flat receives us with a spectacular full panoramic view of it that invites travelers to explore it.
Flamingos of three species feed and breed here, as well as some other birds, llamas and alpacas, sometimes Vicuñas and even Guanacos can be spotted in this place! With our vehicle, we are going to stop in three different locations around the salt flat, and from each of them you can go on a short exploring hike while we set our picnic place ready for your return.
As the sun starts to set down, it’s time to take our route back to the city, we’ll drop you at your hotel in Iquique.
There is two people minimum of passengers for this excursion. There is a maximum of 6 passengers.
If you are traveling alone or more passengers are required, please contact us to design a non-binding custom proposal for you.
The Prices per person are:
- 2 people USD110 p/p.
- From 3 to 6 people USD90 p/p.
- We use Paypal, which allows you to use your local credit or debit cards from home. We accept bank deposits as well.
- Reservations for this expedition must be made with at least 2 week days prior departure.
- For Chilean citizens, we receive payments via online transfers or bank deposits too.
- We don’t receive checks and pays with credit cards can only be done online (paypal) in advance.
If you decide to cancel your tour reservation, for any reason, the following are our terms:
Time frame: / You receive:
- 7 days before trip departure / Refund of what you have paid minus a US$20 fee for operational expenses.
- 6 to 2 days before trip departure / 50% of your payments.
- 1 day before trip departure / 15% of your payments.
If you would like to change to a different tour or departure date after signing up, we will be happy to transfer you on a space available basis up until 7 days prior to your tour. Please provide your transfer request in writing – email is sufficient. Please note, a US$20 transfer fee will be deducted from your previous payments for each transfer, and if you later choose to cancel your tour, the cancellation deadlines will apply to the date of the originally scheduled tour.
Místico Outdoors will confirm your trip 7 days in advance and will be done via e mail.
The reasons to cancel a booked tour will be due to bad weather conditions, government prohibitions or security reasons of any kind. If this is the case you will get 100% of your deposit refunded and will be happy to offer you another options.