One day to see and learn about the heritage drawn in the desert by our ancestors.
Starting from the city of Iquique, you’ll cross the desert with one aim in mind: to meet some of the most important archeology sites on sight. To do so, we’ll start with the most recognized image of the region; The Atacama Giant, this geoglyph (image carved directly on dirt) is nothing less than a 86m tall human-shaped image located in Cerro Unita (one of the driest spots of the desert). Next, we’ll visit a rarely seen image; a human-bird-shaped one of about 6m tall, followed by the gigantic image of a llama facing the sky.
A stop for lunch and we continue, now to the Aroma creek, where hundreds of petroglyphs (image carved on rocks) are located on both of the rocky slopes, evidencing the “troops” of Andean people and llamas that crossed this land in trading convoys.
As a final treat, we’ll visit (very carefully) the ceremonial centre of Ariquilda, where gigantic geometrical images face the sky; our local version of the famous “Nazca lines”!
Drop off at your hotel in the city of Iquique.
Includes: transport in private vehicle, English spoken guide, filtered water all the way, lunch without beverages.
Very fragile sites are visited in this tour; please follow your guide’s instructions. Small groups only.
There is two people minimum of passengers for this excursion. There is a maximum of 6 passengers.
If you are traveling alone or more passengers are required, please contact us to design a non-binding custom proposal for you.
The Prices per person are;
- 2 people USD110 p/p
- From 3 to 6 people USD90 p/p
- We use Paypal, which allows you to use your local credit or debit cards from home. We accept bank deposits as well.
- Reservations for this tour must be made with at least 2 week days prior departure.
- For Chilean citizens, we receive payments via online transfers or bank deposits too.
- We don’t receive checks and pays with credit cards can only be done online (PayPal) in advance.
If you decide to cancel your tour reservation, for any reason, the following are our terms:
Time frame: / You receive:
- 7 days before trip departure / Refund of what you have paid minus a US$20 fee for operational expenses.
- 6 to 2 days before trip departure / 50% of your payments.
- 1 day before trip departure / 15% of your payments.
If you would like to change to a different tour or departure date after signing up, we will be happy to transfer you on a space available basis up until 7 days prior to your tour. Please provide your transfer request in writing – email is sufficient. Please note, a US$20 transfer fee will be deducted from your previous payments for each transfer, and if you later choose to cancel your tour, the cancellation deadlines will apply to the date of the originally scheduled tour.
Místico Outdoors will confirm your trip 7 days in advance and will be done via e mail.
The reasons to cancel a booked tour will be due to bad weather conditions, government prohibitions or security reasons of any kind. If this is the case you will get 100% of your deposit refunded and will be happy to offer you another options.